Register for the upcoming Millerman PRO Academy introduction to Martin Heidegger’s classic book:
Being and Time.
Dates: August 13, 20, 27 and September 3
Time: 6:00-7:00pm (+optional 30 minutes)
We’re using the Stambaugh/Schmidt translation, available here.
We will meet weekly for four weeks. The meetings run from 60-90 minutes by Zoom. Sessions will be recorded so that you can watch them on demand. They may be shared as part of my online content library.
By participating, you agree to allow yourself to be recorded.
Topics we will cover include the following:
- Reopening the question of the meaning of being
- Methodological access to the meaning of being
- What is phenomenology
- The existential analytic of Dasein
- Everydayness and inauthenticity
- Idle talk, curiosity, ambiguity
- Das Man (the they)
- Care as the being of Dasein
- Attunement, understanding, discourse
- Anticipatory resoluteness
- History and historicity
- And more!
The only required text is the book. You can participate in the seminar without it, but I recommend purchasing a copy for your own use and to follow along.
You will finish this seminar with a strong foundation in the the main themes of Being and Time, opening the door to the many fields of study that Heidegger influenced.
Registration is limited to six participants!