Register for the upcoming Millerman PRO Academy introduction to Martin Heidegger’s classic book:
Being and Time.
Dates: August 13, 20, 27 and September 3
Time: 6:00-7:00pm (+optional 30 minutes)
We’re using the Stambaugh/Schmidt translation, available here.
We will meet weekly for four weeks. The meetings run from 60-90 minutes by Zoom.
Topics we will cover include the following:
- Reopening the question of the meaning of being
- Methodological access to the meaning of being
- What is phenomenology
- The existential analytic of Dasein
- Everydayness and inauthenticity
- Idle talk, curiosity, ambiguity
- Das Man (the they)
- Care as the being of Dasein
- Attunement, understanding, discourse
- Anticipatory resoluteness
- History and historicity
- And more!
The only required text is the book. You can participate in the seminar without it, but I recommend purchasing a copy for your own use and to follow along.
You will finish this seminar with a strong foundation in the the main themes of Being and Time, opening the door to the many fields of study that Heidegger influenced.
Registration is limited to six participants!