I made a video walk-through of Leo Strauss’s lecture on German Nihilism. Strauss touches on many points that matter today:
- What is the responsibility of educators to nihilistic students?
- What errors do the opponents of the nihilists make?
- What is nihilism, anyway?
- What is its relation to civilization?
- Why is it militaristic?
- Is German nihilism just Nazism?
Strauss’s essay helps us answer all those questions and more. In my video, I also show how his arguments relate to Trumpism, the open society, and more.
Hopefully, my explanation will make the essay itself more easily accessible for those with an interest in such topics.
If you enjoy the video, please like, share, subscribe, and comment.
Strauss’s essay: https://bit.ly/2DZoNAF
More research on Strauss and others (Heidegger, Dugin, etc.).